- Capital: Guatemala City
- Government: Constitutional democratic repu
- Currency: quetzal (GTQ), US dollar (USD)
- Area: total: 108,890 km2, water: 460 km2, land: 108,430 km2
- Population: 12,293,545 (July 2006 est.)
- Language: Spanish 60%, Amerindian languages 40% (23 officially recognized Amerindian languages, including Quiche, Cakchiquel, Kekchi, Mam, Garifuna, and Xinca)
- Religion: Roman Catholic, Protestant, indigenous Mayan beliefs and Atheist.
- Electricity: 115-230V/60Hz (USA plug)
- Calling Code: +502
- Time Zone: UTC-6
Guatemala Travel Testimonials
Guatemala Travel Links
Travel Packages (6)
This is an exciting journey into Guatemala's diverse and authentic Mayan Heritage: The living Maya in the Highlands with beautiful lakes and colorful villages. Arrive Guatemala City on Saturday or Wednesday.
This is an exciting journey into Guatemala's diverse and authentic Maya Heritage: The living Maya in the Highlands with beautiful lakes and colorful villages and the magnificent ancient city of Tikal combined with a touch of adv.....Read Complete Overview
This exciting adventure journeys into Guatemala's vast Peten region actively exploring spectacular nature reserves and ancient archeological sites. Climb an active volcano, hike wildlife rich rainforests, visit exciting whitewate.....Read Complete Overview
Visiting 3 Countries: Honduras, Guatemala and Belize and the Maya Classic most important archaeological sites, including: Copan, Quirigua, Xunantunich, Yaxha, Caracol, Tikal and Ceibal. SCHEDULE: Tour begins on the first and third Satu.....Read Complete Overview
Visiting 4 Countries: Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Mexico, and the Maya Classic most important archaeological sites, including: Copan, Quirigua, Tikal, Yaxha, Xunantunich, Caracol, Palenque, Bonampak and Yaxchilan.
S.....Read Complete Overview
This is an exciting journey focused solely on exploring the region's rare and magnificent bird species. Visit The Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary, Mountain Pine Ridge, and the region's various archeological sites. Don't forget .....Read Complete Overview