- Capital: Pretoria - Administrative Cape Town - Legislative Bloemfontein - Judicial
- Government: Republic
- Currency: Rand (ZAR)
- Area: total: 1,219,912 km2, land: 1,219,912 km2, water: 0 km2
- Population: 48,782,756 (July 2008 est.)
- Language: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Xhosa, Zulu, Sepedi, Sesotho, Setswana, Swati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga
- Religion: Christian 68% (includes most Whites and Coloureds, and about 60% of Blacks), Muslim 2% (includes mos
- Electricity: 220-240V/50HZ (South Africa plug)
- Calling Code: +27
- Time Zone: UTC+2
Points of Interest
- Durban City tour
- The Golden Mile
- Botanical Gardens
- Valley of a Thousand Hills
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
South Africa Weather
South Africa is known for its wildlife and safaris. What most do not know is that South Africa is ranked sixth out of the world’s seventeen megadiverse countries, with more than 20,000 different plants, or about 10% of all the known species of plants on Earth.
On arrival at Durban International Airport, you will be met by our representative who will give you your Personalized Travel Journal - this Journal will include your itinerary, travel vouchers, maps, directions and all relevant information needed to ensure an enjoyable tour. You will be transferred to the Holiday Inn Durban Elangeni Hotel.
This morning you will be collected for a Private Half-day Valley of a Thousand Hills Tour. Your tour includes all entrance fees, but excludes lunch.
This morning you will be transferred to Durban International Airport in time for a flight to Port Elizabeth.
On arrival at Port Elizabeth Airport you will be met and transferred to the Courtyard Port Elizabeth Hotel.
This morning you will be collected at your hotel and will travel to the Tsitsikamma National Park, an unspoiled wilderness. We enjoy lunch in Tsitsikamma (not included). After lunch we take a hike up Storms River Mouth and take in the view of the Indian Ocean from the suspension bridge. Visit Monkeyland (subject to time). Thereafter Travel onto Plettenberg Bay where you will have dinner and overnight at Hog Hollow country lodge.
After breakfast this morning travel onto Kynsna where your morning is at leisure with a choice of walks and activities. Enjoy a boat cruise on the John Benn Ferry on the Knysna Lagoon. After lunch in Knysna at the Heads (not included) you board the Outeniqua "Choo-Tjoe", a small Class 24 steam train for George. (This journey, with its breathtaking river and estuary crossings, tunnels and pass inclines, is one of the world's best known train routes.) Your guide will collect you from George train station and you will enjoy dinner in George. Overnight at the Far Hills Country Hotel.
This morning travel over the Outeniqua Pass to Oudtshoorn, habitat of 90% of the world's Ostrich population. Visit Highgate Ostrich Ranch for a tour. You will lunch at Highgate. You will visit the Cango Wildlife Ranch - Cheetah’s & Crocodiles. Thereafter enjoy a guided tour to the Cango Caves; the world's greatest limestone show caves. Dinner and overnight at Rosenhof Country House Hotel.
After a leisurely breakfast, depart for Cape Town. Travel via Barrydale, Lunch at the Country Pumpkin. After lunch travel via Montagu, home of the world renowned hot water springs (Bath optional in the Springs).
Thereafter, travel onto Worcester, a major wine region. Visit Kleinplasie - a living open museum. Travel via the Huguenot Mountain Range and tunnel to Cape Town, where your tour ends
Today you will be transferred to Cape Town International Airport in time for your onward flight arrangements.
Additional Package Information
Package Does Not Include
- Prices are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability.
- Deposit of $200 per person required to hold space.
- Additional days can be added or other changes may be made to the itinerary. Changes will affect price.
- You must have a valid passport with three empty pages and six months until expiration.
- To prevent any loss due to cancellation, travel insurance is recommended.